Sunday 23 September 2012

Shinies!

So, got my sub copy of the new White Dwarf yesterday, and I definitely like the new layout... the magazine, apart from a few content changes here and there, hadn't had a really major change since... well, probably since it switched to concentrating solely on GW products in the early 90s.

I am mightily impressed with the new Chaos Marine stuff, and combined with the awesomeness of the Dark Vengeance set (and I will post more about that sometime, given that my previous posting on the subject was 'part 1') my love for both Warhammer 40,000 and Games Workshop is restored.

The Forge World Horus Heresy range is a-ma-zing. Shame the book is so damn expensive, but I'll definitely be buying a few of the models at some point and they'll be getting the Death Guard treatment. Or maybe World Eaters. Can't decide.

And finally there is this (click to zoom):
 Image found on the Bolter and Chainsword Fora

Specifically the dude on the far left... who appears to be a Genestealer Cult Magus.

Genestealer. Cult. Magus.

Genestealer.

Cult.

Magus.

It's possible I'm quite excited about this...  when I was first getting into 40k way back in the mists of time the Genestealer Cults were second only to Orks on the awesomeness scale, and if there's a new version of that army coming out I will certainly be very pleased.

Cheerio!

No comments: