Friday 3 October 2008

Introduction

Hello.

My name is Doug and I have never finished a Warhammer 40,000 army.

Oh, I've had a go at making several... I get some miniatures, I stick a few together, paint even fewer and end up getting distracted by the next shiny thing GW release.
Considering I started the hobby in 1989 when I happened to pick up a copy of Rogue Trader in a friend's older brother's bedroom this is an appalling state of affairs. Which is why I've set up this blog. It is a blog that exists for no other purpose than to make me do armies.

It is loosely inspired by the Tale of Four Gamers articles which run in White Dwarf. It's not quite so rigid and there is no points system, but the principle is initially the same; make a new army from scratch and record your progress.

Luckily my decision to start this blog coincides with the release of the new Space Marine Codex which comes out tomorrow. When I buy it I shall also buy the bare bones of a new Space Marine army, to bring me up to the minimum requirement for a legal game... one HQ choice, two Troops choices. I shall use the Tactical Squad from Assault on Black Reach, and shall buy a Commander, anothe Tactical Squad and a Rhino.

There will be photographs and army lists posted here, there will be ranting when things go wrong. There will likely be digressions onto entirely unrelated subjects due to my being easily distracted. Once I have my 1,500 point Space Marine army I shall continue the blog, but concentrating on other projects. Everything from Necromunda gangs to scratchbuilt Stompas... I might, one day, even finish my Vampire Counts. One day. Maybe.

That is all for the time being. Share and enjoy

No comments: